WE'RE RECRUITING! HEAD OF FINANCE
An exciting position has become available for a part-time Head of Finance based in Andover. The successful candidate will earn £45,000 - £50,000 FTE (£27,000 - £30,000 per annum, pro-rata) dependent on experience. The role is part time, working 3 days per week equivalent, flexible working is available.
You will be part of the senior management team, working with the Chief Executive advising and developing the financial strategy, modelling new projects, preparing budgets and reporting on financial performance. You will actively contribute to the overall future strategic direction of the charity and trading company.
This role is Home or Office based, and is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company, during their time of exciting changes.
- Partly or Full Qualified accountant
- Experience in operating at a senior level
- Experience of working with Charities SORP, Gift Aid and VAT in a charity context
- Experience of budgeting and financial planning
- Payroll and employment tax
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Experience of working with external auditors
- A problem-solving attitude
- Excellent analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse and clearly explain financial information
- Ability to write reports to an excellent standard
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Commitment to achieving the core aims of the organisation
Role Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Provide financial advice to Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer and other senior management.
- Provide up to date reports of the financial position, projections and scenarios
- To provide financial reports and statements for both member charities and guest trading charities
- Work with the Chief Executive to ensure that the appropriate processes are in place to support the long-term financial viability of the charity and trading company
- Act as the key link between management and trustees on financial matters
- To work with auditors to produce statutory accounts, files and schedules
- Preparation of budget and forecasts
- Support with funding bids and reports
- Oversee/prepare bookkeeping, reconciliations, allocation of funding, purchase and sales ledger functions and integrity of the finance system.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk management techniques and financial controls are in place at strategic and operational levels.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are relevant legislation or regulations are followed
Cards For Good Causes is the UK's largest multi-charity Christmas card retailer, selling cards on behalf of over 250 national and local charities. The majority of these sales are achieved through a network of over 300 pop-up shops across the UK, but their online shop is the fastest growing part of the business, selling to customers all over the world.
Why should you apply?
- The chance to join a well-established company as it goes through an exciting period of change
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
If you wish to apply, please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]